So last week I did 6 miles in 70 minutes, Michael did about 8 miles. In our training we have running days and then cross training days which is anything but running or walking. Well this week, actually yesterday was suppose to be a 9 mile run. I ended up not be able to run so Michael took Cameron with him. WOW, was I impressed, Cameron ran the whole 9 miles at the same speed as Michael and didn't stop once! I think Michael runs fast or at least faster than me. You might think I should run the same speed as him or maybe even faster with my longer legs, but I'm NOT! So Cameron and Michael were gone for about 1 hour and 45 minutes and I thought for sure Michael would say Cameron couldn't do it, but I was wrong. Talk about making me look bad, I have had to work up to all these miles little by little and he walks out the door and just does it. So because I missed my training yesterday I will have to do it tomorrow ug! I have been enjoying this incentive to run and look forward to our race, which I think will be in November. My triathlon is in 2 weeks that I really want to participate in but that same weekend is a youth conference that Cameron and Michael would both go to and a baseball game I need to get Garrett to, not to mention that I would have to find someone to babysit Morgan and Dallin at 5:30am if I go. Minor problems hopefully I can get them worked out so I can go. Michael and I both will also do a 10k my first 10k Michaels 2nd or 3rd in October. Just trying to build up that endurance. Well thats my update on how the 1/2 marathon training is going, a lot harder than I thought. 13 miles is a lot ground and time!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Way to go Cameron!!! I am so proud of you!!!
Post a Comment