Sunday, September 14, 2008

2 months now



So it's been almost 2 months now since we adopted Beau, I think we have all adjusted . He has lost about 10 lbs or more by running with Penny and I at least 3 times a week, little slow but getting faster. Him and Penny have adjusted to each other, either that or Penny has come to the conclusion that he isn't leaving and I better make friends! They don't play like I thought they would, I think Beau is somewhat of a shy dog. He will bark and growl at you or a dog when he first meets you but then he is so sweet and friendly. Like just the other day he met our neighbors dog, which is a schizu(spell??) little tiny dog right, he ran up to her all tough and mean, she froze while he sniffed her then she moved and Beau jumped out of the way and ran away from her as if she were going to attack. He kept doing this every time she would get close to him. Well he does this same thing to Penny, except only when Penny starts acting like the alpha dog! Like if we are around and we pet him not her or Penny thinks she needs to protect us from him. A little jealousy I think! Anyway we are working thru that, but for the most part Beau has turned out to be the sweetest, obedient dog. He likes to sleep right by our bed at night and hides out during the day in our backyard by the kitchen window where it is cool in the dirt. Glad we adopted him, he's great!

No comments: