Sunday, September 7, 2008

Labor Day!

This last weekend we went up to the lake for some fun in the sun. The weather was actually just right, not to hot! We finally were able to get Dallin to try the Horse shoe ski. After a little bribery, he got on the ski and tried it two times. He wouldn't stay standing up though, whether he understood the concept or just didn't want to I don't know. But we got pictures and I was glad to see that he did something besides sleeping in the boat. We went up to the lake with some good friends of ours, they also had some good luck with their children wake boarding and knee boarding for the first time. A couple of our adult friends also wake boarded for the first time, I was very impressed.


This is Dallin on the horse shoe ski, to help the kids get up on it, both sides of the board are held while we wait for the boat to go.

We didn't get a picture of him actually up because someone got in the way of the photographer. This is me and our friend Aaron helping get Dallin up. Mike is driving the boat and Garrett I believe was taking pictures.


So, I guess Michael doesn't want me to forget that I set his sunglasses on the top of our car and then drove off with them still there. I went back to retrieve them and
TO LATE! Another car got them before me! Oops! Good thing Michael's birthday is this month, I know the exact thing to get him.
Surprisingly, it wasn't busy at all that day! As you can see in the picture, no other boats to be seen!
So, he didn't sleep on the boat, but he did fall asleep in my lap. I think he slept for a good 2 hours!
Yeah, nice picture, I know! Michael had this genius idea to wear nose plugs while riding the air chair. Sometimes when you fall, a lot of water goes up your nose, so he bought some nose plugs and then so that he would not loose them when he fell he tied curly ribbon from a balloon around his neck on to the nose plugs. So this is what he looked like with his contraption on. NICE!

I know, I know, he's HOT, I know! Sorry ladies he is taken! Look at those GUNS! Cameron's getting a kick out of it! Don't laugh so hard Cameron!

2 comments:

Christy said...

It looks like some serious fun! I love that is it still staying warm!

Houk Family said...

Way to go Dallin!!! I am so proud of you!!! And by the way Mike nice nose plugs!! That is so hilarious!!