Check it out I'm # 730 for over all results
So I came in #720 for my age group and my finish times was 1 hour and 47 minutes. YEAH!
Running my legs off! Even though I look like I'm walking in this photoSUPER JANE (WENDY)
Proud of our medals!
It was great! I would definitely do it again!
Pictured with SUPER JANE!I did it! My first Triathlon Today
So I went to bed at about 9:30 last night to assure I would be well rested. Woke up the next morning at 5:00 am to be sure I arrived at the race on time since it was in Pleasanton. The race officially started at 8:00ish, but there was lots to do before the race. I met 3 other friends there, Julie, Heidi and Dena, they went up the night before. #903 was my tag number to put on my shirt and they gave us electronic chips to wear around our ankles to keep track of your time for each event and total time for the race. I learned that with these chips that the time doesn't keep running during transition time, which could really add a lot of wasted time especially if you don't know what your doing(like me). To start the race off we swam 400 yards, they had us go in waves(what they called it) by age groups. First of all I thought they had closed Shadow Cliffs off to the public for unsafe water (I grew up going here for the water and water slides). So when I entered the water I was deceived by thinking I was going to continue walking on sand, and before I knew it I was up to my knees in SLIME! GROSS! Every 4 minutes they started a wave, my age group was somewhat large and when they said go I was a taken by surprise of being kind of trampled on, over! So I just waited until I had a clear path and took my time with the breast stroke and back stroke. I would have to say the swimming was definitely the hardest for me, and I can swim just not competitively. So after the swim was the 11 mile bike ride once again I was slow and stead. I kind of felt like I was in the Olympics, all along the way they had the police patrol traffic to clear the roads for us, it was awesome. All along the run they had water stations and people cheering you on and tell you which direction to go. So I headed for the finish line where everyone was cheering and they said your name and number over a loud speaker. My friends finished before me so they were on the sidelines cheering me on! Again way fun! When you came thru the finish line they awarded you a medal that said SUPER JANE! Hence the name of the race was See Jane Run! My friends took lots of pictures I hope to get soon, so I can post them here on my blog. I am not exactly sure yet but I believe my time was 1 hour 45- 50 minutes, I am waiting for them to post it. So over all I would definitely do it again, I would probably train a lot more in the swimming department next time though. Two times of practice didn't cut it. I will post my correct time when I get it. Check out the website and you can see the map of the race. http://www.seejanerun.com/ then click map.







4 comments:
I am so proud of you Wendy, thats so cool. I am very impressed about the swimming part. All I remember about you and swimming is that synchronized swimming video where you were the only one who couldn't float on your back. Glad to hear that you made it. Just kidding!! Congratulations you're awesome.
Good Job Wendy!!!! You better hang your medal right next to the front door so all who enter can see your "woman power"...something to be VERY proud of, you're awesome!!! I am SO doing it with you guys next year!!!
hey Congrats!!! Hey didn't you have your picture taken not with super jane but wonder woman before!! I think you were a little younger but the same size!!LOL Great job.
super!!! a few years ago i entered one at Shadow Cliffs too, but i had to pull out of it as i ended up with different plans.. i did however do all 3 things on my own a few days later... glad i did it, but have no care to do it again. lolol anyone who still does it, i take my hat off to ya!!!!
Post a Comment