Saturday, November 15, 2008

1/2 marathon

We did it, our 1st half marathon!

http://www.srtiming.com/files/HALF.HTM
Here's the results check them out.

We trained, we prepared, and we conquered! A little over 2 1/2 months worth of gearing up for this 1/2 marathon and we accomplished our goal, to FINISH! For myself I did great all the way up to the 11 mile. Then those last 2 miles I thought I was going to die! It was tough but I finished in only 2 hours and 45 minutes. This isn't my official time, they should have them posted soon. Michael on the other hand was booken thru the whole race. Finishing a whole hour before me (tells you how slow I run) came in under 2 hours at 1 hour and 50 minutes. WOW! To top off our race Michael won 2nd place for his age group. To think we were just going to leave and we decided to wait and hear the results. Also accomplishing this race were our good friends John and Cindy. They did an awesome job as well, first 1/2 for them too. It was a beautiful trail to run and a perfect day for running, not to cold and not to hot. We ran along the Sacramento River on a paved trail. This was a ultra-marathon, marathon, and 1/2 marathon. We think we might try a team marathon or team ultra marathon next time. Maybe! It feels great to have accomplished something we both worked so hard to do. To think, I never thought I would ever run a 1/2 marathon let alone ever be a runner, in all my life. Now it's going on 4 years since I started running. Feels great!


We finished
John Robison, Michael, Wendy, Cindy Brink before our race

Michael wins 2nd place!!!!!!



I must say, I am very proud of my man! He worked hard!



At the finish line. We all finished!

This is all out of order, but here's me running to the finish line. Or sprinting to the finish line.


Here I come, in deep thought. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it! Just a few more feet!

5 comments:

Sean Ryan said...

I am so PROUD of you guys!!! Good Job!!! You are my inspiration! (Next time, I will invite myself to join you.)
Way to go with the 2nd place medal, Mike!!!

Houk Family said...

WAY TO GO!!! I think that is so very awesome. And to think Wendy you have asthma!! Congrats to you both!! That's pretty cool you got in 2nd place Mike.
Love
Kim

suzi said...

That comment above was from me, Suzi. I am sure Sean would say the same things as well. He is proud of you too!

TeamKeller said...

You guys are sooooo awsome! Way to hang in there and keep up the training. You'll have to look at my Mall Run. My finish line looked like yours and I didn't see your blog pictures until this afternoon. What a coincidence. Well don! Love, Mom

Jennifer said...

Way to go!!! Wish I liked running..maybe someday. Mike awesome job on 2nd!!!