Saturday, October 25, 2008

PUMP IT UP! RACE

I did my first 10k (6.2 miles) race today! YEAH! In 1 hour and 12 minutes. As I was running I kept thinking, and I'm going to do a 1/2 marathon. It's always awesome when you can see the finish line and finish without stopping. It's always fun to have incentive/purpose for your running everday other than just trying to stay fit and healthy. Mike was going to run it as well but we had baseball conflicts and so he volunteered to take care of the kids while I did the race.

2 comments:

Jana said...

You're going to do a 1/2 marathon? That's awesome! I think my mom and sis were at that race and are planning on the 1/2 in a couple weeks! Good luck!!!!

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

Thats awesome Wendy I am very proud of you. I hope to be following in your footsteps come spring when its warm again and it doesn't kill your lungs to run outside. For now I will work up to it on my treadmill. Love you