So after Garrett's ordeal this last Thursday, it's been the topic of discussion in our home. Who has had the most stitches or injuries? And they all actually argue who's injury was the worse! Cameron has had stitches 2 different times in 2 different places a total of 6 stitches, Garrett 1 time 6 stitches, Morgan 1 time and 9 stitches. So far Dallin is the winner/looser (depending on who you ask) without injury at this point, knock on wood. I am hoping he will learn from his brothers mistakes. So as I was blogging Morgan asked me to find the picture of him when he was 18 months old, when he got stitches. Story goes, he was in the stroller with his Binkie in his mouth and Cameron was pushing him around. We were checking out an apartment in a retirement facility for grandma at the time. We were on the second floor inside and Cameron was pushing Morgan rather fast up and down this hallway, and of course I told him repeatedly to please stop! Well he stopped alright, after the strollers front wheel caught the wall and flipped Morgan on his face. I lifted him up and looked at him and I don't know if the binkie saved his lip from more damage or made it worse because where the binkie was is where he split his lip really nice. Cameron, Morgan and I rushed over to urgent care and he got 9 stitches across his lip. During the whole process of being stitched up he was screaming "all done, all done" as a 18 month old would say it. There is never a dull moment in our home, but I always try to enjoy every moment even the ugly ones.

So you know how as a parent it's hard to ween your child from the bottle or binkie, well here is a sure but painful way. After this happened no problems with taking the binkie away from Morgan since he was getting close to being 2 years old, A little old for a binkie in my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment