Michael and I have decided to take on a 1/2 Marathon, hopefully in about 6 weeks. We started training for it about 3 or 4 weeks ago, so far it hasn't been to bad. We have a schedule that we got from Fleet Feet and yesterday I ran for 60 minutes and I measured the distance afterwards and did about 6 miles. I think I really need to speed up my running or I will be taking the amount of time it takes to do a full Marathon. We both are enjoying the challenge and it's great to have something to work towards other than just running for exercise, great incentive. Not that either of us plan on taking place in the race or anything just to finish will be great. I also was just asked to participate in a triathlon at the end of September with some friends! It's just for woman, it's 11 miles of biking and 400 yards of swimming and 3 miles of running. The only part that I am a little nervous about is the swimming, I can swim but I don't know about do it in a race. Again not worried about placing, just finishing the swim part before they finish the race without me. In other words swimming isn't my strongest point! Anyhoo, excited to do both! We are still trying to find a 1/2 marathon that's not on Sunday here in Ca, I guess a lot athletes don't go to church on Sunday? I don't know! I think we may have found one in Big Sur very beautiful scenic view but it might have to many climbing hills, I would like my first 1/2 to be all flat road! Anyway wish me, us luck heaven knows I will need it!!!
5 comments:
Well, I think thats awesome that you guys are going to do a 1/2 marathon. I am going to start back up my running routine and would love to get myself to the point where I can run a 1/2 marathon. I'm pretty sure I can get there. Its probably going to be a while though. Good luck with the training it sounds like a pretty neat training program that you were doing when I talked to you the other day.
You are my hero!! How about a relay for the triathlon? I will do the swimming.
Go for gold baby!!!
I am a slow runner as well, you probably have me beat... so you could bring me along to increase your chances of winning!
I am nervous about the swimming as well!!
WOW I am truely impressed and to think you have asthma!! I agree with your friend Christy you are my hero too!! Good Luck to you too Mike!! Love you guys and miss you!!
Post a Comment