Spring Break? I can not lie, it's a love hate feeling. I love that we don't have to worry about homework, bedtime, driving all over the valley everyday and having to keep to a schedule to get things done. I love that we can stay up late, enjoy the time together and have no obligations to be anywhere. But, I hate, again I can't lie, when I have to entertain my children. Or that they can't seem to get along ( no, my children are not perfect). It's like they don't have enough toys, bikes, scooters, skateboards, balls, or anyone to play with. (Brothers don't can't)
We don't have a family vacations planned for our break, see again I have to entertain, and pay for their enjoyment. I can not stand the whining of "mom there's nothing to do, can I watch TV"? NO! I have made the rule that if they play and get along for a length of time that they can earn time for the TV or electronics. Is that so wrong or mean? Well we have made it thru one week, and lets see what we have done. Went to the park, road our bikes there and many other place this week, went to Target where the boys wanted to spend money they had been saving on toys. Like they needed more. Cameron got to go snow skiing with a friend this week. For the most part we just did hanging around home. The weather has been great for being outside, my other pet peeve. We live in this state for the weather where you can pretty much be outside year round and when my kids want to come inside, it just bugs me. Well I will stop complaining and make the most of our last week together. We are going to go enjoy our favorite place that takes us (me) away from all the worries and boys can be boys....the lake. Well that's about all I have to say about that. Hopefully this week will be better, I'm sure it will now that that I have complained enough and don't want a repeat of last week. To everyone else who is out of school right now, I hope you are enjoying your break. Maybe I will get some new photos to post.
Rak Gondola Lumajang
7 years ago







1 comment:
I could have written that exact same thing Wendy-we also didn't have any plans to go anywhere, so are trying to find fun things to do that don't cost me $50 each time! I thought we did several fun things last week, but then last night Zach said, "We didn't do anything fun last week Mom, aren't we gonna do anything over spring break?" It was all I could do not to pop him! We went over all the things we did until he remembered. :) I'm making my kids earn rewards as well, so no, you're not mean! And it's hard to find friends to play with when everyone else is gone on vacation. :( So I'd agree, Spring is a love-hate thing!
Post a Comment